Wire You Doing This?


We spent our anniversary, November 13th, getting ready for sailing to the Bahamas next week. Nine long wires came out the bottom of our new mast, and they needed to be run to various parts of the boat. Only they need to go under the stove, behind the cabinet, through the wall, around the plumbing, through that hole that is not big enough, and into the fifth dimension. This required calisthenics, yoga, and the escape skills of Houdini. I found my torso trapped in a storage area door, my arms were no help because they were over my head, my legs were tight up against the nearby (too nearby) wall. I began to wonder if Cindy would cut the cabinet to pieces to get me out, or cut me into pieces to get out of sailboat maintenance. I bet Houdini could have done it underwater while handcuffed.

We spent the entire day with knee pads, a hole saw, and sweat. Good thing sweaty bodies are slippery, or we might still be stuck.
Whoo-hoo! We have a galley sole again! I might be sore for a week, but we have a galley sole!

Comments

  1. Very good job!!! Not sure what kind of celebration is that... maybe a cruiser party?!?! Happy anniversary and new mast!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Au Revoir, St Bart's. Hello Antigua!